10 Reasons To Get Contact Lenses
By: Dr. Alisha Johnson
How many of you wearing glasses experience common annoyances of them sliding down your nose when you’re sweating? How about your lenses fogging up when going from outside to inside, or the limited side vision, and that constant loose screw or broken frame?
You will be happy to know a clear solution exists for all of these problems: Contact Lenses! Contact lenses offer a variety of conveniences, some of them you may not have thought about!
- Contact lenses offer better vision than with eyeglasses – no loss of peripheral (side) vision, no visual distortion from thick eyeglass lenses. We all own those small trendy frames that limit our side vision, with contact lenses you won’t miss a thing.
- With contact lenses, it’s easier to get cool sunglasses. No hassles with getting prescription sunglasses. No inconvenient switching between eyeglasses and sunglasses. Do you have multiple sets of glasses, one for distance and one for near or one for outside and one for inside? Contact lenses eliminate the hassle and continuous need to keep up with multiple pair of glasses. In addition, those cool sunglasses you could not get in your prescription before can now be yours to wear everyday.
- Contact lenses make it easier to be active and play sports – no glasses slipping down your nose. Do you participate in sporting events or enjoy outdoor activities? Contact lenses give you peace of mind. How about trying daily disposable contacts on your next vacation or camping trip. Don’t worry about packing your cleaning solution, wear a lens for the entire day and then throw it away.
- Contact lenses won’t fog or collect raindrops in bad weather. What is more annoying than distorted vision due to raindrops collecting on your glasses when you go outside?
- Contact lenses provide the opportunity to change your eye color — either for fashion or cool special effects. With a wide range of colored lenses, contacts are becoming extremely fashionable. Matching your eye color to your prom dress or going from brown to blue for your island vacation gives you that special look.
- Contact lenses provide great vision without laser eye surgery. Why undergo a surgical procedure before trying a healthy, inexpensive, and convenient non-surgical approach?
- Contact lenses won’t put uncomfortable weight or telltale eyeglass marks on your nose.
- Contact lenses provide another alternative for bifocal wearers. Contact lens manufacturers now offer lenses for those of you who wear bifocals as well. Bifocal contact lenses have progressed during the past several years providing both good distance and near vision. Another alternative for bifocal wearers are mono-vision contacts. One eye is corrected for distance the other for near.
- No worries about keeping up with eyeglass frame styles: contact lenses are always in style.
- You’ll never have to worry about losing or misplacing your glasses again.
- Whatever the reason you need contact lenses there is an answer. Contact lenses can correct vision for farsighted, nearsighted, or individuals with an astigmatism. Bifocal wearers have several options as well. Whether you are a Baby Boomer, an athlete or just want to change your eye color there is a lens that fits your requirements. Contact a Contact Lens Specialist for guidance in selecting a lens that best fits your needs.
Dr. Alisha Johnson, Specializing in contact lens fitting and primary care optometry. Florida Eye Center has four offices. To make an appointment with Dr. Johnson call (727) 347-0681 she is located at 5798 38th Ave. No. Florida Eye Center Certified Optometric Physician, Devil Rays Team Eye Doctor To submit a question please emails firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 727-895-2020